Saturday, November 3, 2012

Crazy week . . .

I had to go back in my posts to see where I even left off! Last Thursday (well two Thursdays ago), we went out to dinner with some of our best friends to celebrate Benjie's birthday. On the way there, we had our first "wreck". 


It was on the busy main 4-lane strip downtown (and it was dark). The lights had just turned green -  Benjie was pretty far away from the light and never had to slow down and a guy tried to make a quick U-turn into our lane. We didn't see him until it was too late, but we slammed on our breaks and slid into his wife's new Accord. It did a pretty good bit of damage to his (or her) car but thankfully, everyone was fine and we just got a few small cracks in my bumper (yay for Yukons!). It scared us all more than anything, and I freaked out (like any mother would) when LK started crying after we hit him. I know he felt SO bad when we pulled her out of the backseat crying. He kept saying that he was "in a big hurry to get to a meeting" and Benjie and I tried to explain to him that no matter how big of a hurry you are in, it's not worth putting someone else's family in danger. It could have been a lot worse and I am thankful the Lord was with us. 

So after filling out police reports for an hour, we finally made it to the restaurant and had a very nice meal! I can't believe he will be 30 next year!!


On Friday we drove up to my parents house for the weekend. Nothing eventful, but we managed to get a few family pics one afternoon. (Still editing those!)


In the meantime, here's a few of LK...


I have about 600 pics total and it's going to take weeks for me to sort through them all and edit the good ones. I'm saving the best for Christmas cards! ;)

Sidenote: I say this with thick skin, but I truly think the way to get better at anything is to learn from someone who is better. I would love some photography/editing critiques! Feel free to email me or leave a comment for others to see. I doubt that I will ever get into photography for hire, but I want to take the best pictures I can of my family. I can say with confidence that I've gotten better since LK was born, but I have a looong way to go. Professionals have an eye for things that I may be overlooking (lighting, skin tone, posing, etc.). Any advice or criticism (negative or positive) is GREATLY appreciated!

Anyway, after pictures (since we were all decked out in our coordinating outfits) we went out to eat with the fam that night just to get out of the house.

So silly. 


We went back home Sunday after church. Monday, one of Benjie's "guys" (He know SO many people) came out and detailed my vehicle. It's been so neglected since LK got here. I've washed her maybe twice since she's been born! He clay-barred it, waxed, buffed and cleaned/shampooed the inside. I haven't seen it that clean since we bought it three years ago! Well, except for my wrecked bumper! 


On Monday Benjie also got a call to go look at a prospective job in Monroe, Louisiana. So we packed back up and headed back to my parents house again. (When you have packed for a baby before you know I say that with exhaustion!!)

Tuesday we made a day-long trip to Monroe, Louisiana. We were able to do a little shopping afterwards and we couldn't leave without stopping here...

If you watch this show, then you know why it's my favorite on TV right now! Hilariousness! It was so weird to see it in person after watching a whole season of it on TV. We hoped and prayed we'd see Uncle Si, but we didn't actually see anyone in the family. Maybe next time. :(

I also woke up on Monday with a pretty bad sore throat. It kept getting worse and worse until I was in bed Wednesday with fever pretty much all day. I ended up getting a shot that evening and I'm just now starting to feel a little better!  I hate so bad that I ruined LK's first Halloween!


I have sinus infections and common colds pretty much every year, but I don't think I've had a full-blown fever like this since college. Along with the muscle aches, I thought it might be the flu. Hopefully I'm on my way to recovery and I won't see it again! I have wayyy too much going on these next few months to get sick again! I already feel like I'm behind on everything I need to do just being in bed the past 3 days.

So now next week is my catch-up week! Ahh... I'm so overwhelmed right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...