Saturday, December 1, 2012

It's December!

I can't believe December is already here. Seriously, this has been the fastest year of my life. It  L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y seems like LK was born 3 months ago.

I feel much better about my to-do list than I did a few posts ago! The Christmas decor is up (next post), I have most of the things ordered for LK's party (and I have a pretty good "game plan" for food and decor), invitations are done, and I have all but 2 gifts purchased! Check, Check, Check, and Check!

My main goal this week is to work on wrapping the gifts, getting the Christmas cards out, and work on my "deep holiday cleaning." LK also has her one-year photo session this Wednesday so I'm sure I will be up a midnight Tuesday ironing her clothes and making a smash cake! My mom is coming to town later in the week and we're going to shop the outlets and scout out any last "gotta have" deals we may have missed. ;)


I'm ashamed that my house looks like this for about a week after Thanksgiving. We re-decorated the outside decor this year and went with a green/lime/red/white scheme.

I planned to get new decor for our tree and mantel, but with LK's party, it was just too much on my plate (and budget) this year. On next year's list. (Finished pics coming soon.)

Earlier in the week, I made my very first cheesecake! A white chocolate caramel cheesecake to be exact. Ohhhhmygoodness.... I hate to brag, but it was delicious!



A lot of you asked me to post the recipe, so here it is from No So Humble Pie. (She explains in detail how to do everything - so don't be scared if you've never made one!)

Now... I will say I'm not crazy about the caramel. I'm not sure if I didn't let it brown long enough, or it's just the particular recipe, but it had a "wang" to it that I didn't care for. Next time I may try a different caramel recipe or just use store-bought caramel. (Or try a strawberry topping??) BUT don't let that statement deter you from making it because the cheesecake itself is ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! I did use a water bath, cooked it for 2 hours (per the recipe) and then let it cool in a closed oven for about 3 hours. Try this, your family and friends will be very impressed! :)

This past Thursday we had an appointment at the Infiniti dealership to get a few things fixed on my truck. (New vehicle quirks - There was a small dent on the side and it was a little out of align.) The service department was backed up, so we got a loaner vehicle and did a little shopping.

First we went to the boot store. I've had my cowboy boots since Benj and I first started dating and I am due for another pair (part of my Christmas present). While we were there I also found LK the most adorable pair of baby boots and I just couldn't pass them up. I've been searching for a while and all I've been able to find were soft sole boots or those cheap squeaker boots. This baby got her first pair of "real" cowboy cowgirl boots.




We just had to try them on again when we got home. She was so excited! She is still in a size 2 and these are a 4 1/2. She has plenty of room to grow into them and hopefully she will be able to wear them through next summer.

After the boot store we ate at a new hibachi grill in town. Now that LK is getting older, she is SO amused by the show. It's nice that Mama and Daddy get a little free time to eat!

After lunch, we went to the mall. About an hour after we got there, this baby was OUT. I've never seen her pass out like that!


I was able to finish everyone's Christmas gifts but two people. I plan to get both of those this week when my mom comes down. I'll admit, it makes me a little sad that I don't have a reason for some serious shopping anymore!

We went to Target after the mall to kill a little time... They still weren't able to finish on Thursday with everything, so Benjie had to go back Friday and pick up the truck. We got an un-heard-of deal on it, so we can't really complain about the wait or the 3 hour drive to the dealership. 

SIDE NOTES:

If any of my regular readers purchased anything from my Etsy shop over the Thanksgiving weekend, THANK YOU! I was overwhelmed for a few days and had to work double time to get them out. I will still be taking custom orders for another week or so, so please convo me if you need something. Also, I will also be closing my shop from Christmas Eve until the first of the year to spend time with family and prep for our first birthday party! :)

On another note, I have responded to most "quick reply" emails but a few of you that have sent personal/serious emails, I've flagged your emails so I can actually sit at my computer soon and spend as much time replying as you did writing me. Some of these emails are even from a few months ago. (Y'all know who you are!) I just want you to know I haven't forgotten about you... and I just don't feel right replying "on the fly" on my iPhone. :)

Also, I know everyone says "comments make me happy", but they seriously do! Sometimes I feel like no one reads anything I post, even though hundreds (sometimes thousands) of people visit my blog each day. I read pins of women saying they love "reading my blog" and it just warms my heart and makes me want to post and share even more about my life. I've met so many people through my blog and even though I've never physically met them, I call them my friends. (And I get just as excited as you do when your baby finally "pee-pees" in the potty!) After the new year, I plan to go thorough my latest followers and follow/read your blogs too. :)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see Lk's 1st birthday post .. i feel like just yesterday I was reading your pregnancy post . She is growing so fast . I always get so happy when I see you have a new post :) yay!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...