Wednesday, December 12, 2012

LK's Party Invitations

I don't think I've shared much about the direction I'm going for Lily Kate's first birthday party, but I finally got the invitations out this week and couldn't wait to share! I made and designed them all myself and will be offering them in my Etsy shop after the new year. 

(Sorry, these are all iPhone pics.)


I made everything by hand. I designed the invites, cut them out, and then rounded the corners with my corner punch. I then hand-cut all of the fabric pennants. I glued them on with a fabric stick glue and sewed them in place with my sewing machine. After the first few I almost gave them up for printed pennants, but I'm so glad I stuck it out. Each one got easier and easier. 



I bought a pack of 5x7 kraft (folded) cards and envelopes from Hobby Lobby, cut the cards in half and attached the top of the invites with scrapbook sticky dots. 

For the envelopes, I designed matching wrap-around labels. I just used sheets of sticker paper and cut them out. 



I am in love with her! She will definitely make an appearance at LK's party. ;)


You can see here how the address label wraps around to the back with our return address. I typed all of the addresses and they're in the same typewriter font as the invite, but I didn't want to include anyone's address in this post. (This is the invite that I saved for LK's baby book.)

I also decided to get Lily Kate an embosser. She's young enough now, I think the price would justify the amount of use she'd I'd get from now until she gets married. I embossed the back of the envelopes and I've already embossed her napkins. I can already see her mama embossing her graduation invitation envelopes. (Not that I want to think about my baby graduating High School... ever.)


3 comments:

  1. Omg amazing .. I always love your project so much .. and the little girl on the envelope looks just like Lk .. too cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! These are amazing!!! Beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These invitations are adorable! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...