Saturday, January 8, 2011

Introducing....

Okay. Okay. So I'll be the first to admit that I never thought I would ever get a blogger account. Blogging? Really? But lo and behold -- here I am. After browsing the blogging world for the past few months, I've been entertained and found a genuine interest in the ramblings of random people. You all have inspired me to start my own. I mean, I have found some pretty sch-weeeeet stuff out there! I won't bore you with those amazing findings...yet.


As many blogs as I have "stalked" in the past few months, I anticipate some random person in the world maybe reading this. So for that random person... I am a 20-something newlywed. I am your typical southern girl. I am a Christian and I absolutely love my Lord. I love to decorate my home, cook, and make things. Though I acquired my father's "tight-wad" gene, I love to shop -- even if I don't buy a thing. I graduated from architecture school two years ago and now work as an architect for a government contractor. My husband is also in his twenties and now runs a family business. God truly blessed me with an amazing man! There are no words to describe how thankful I am to have him in my life. We are preparing our life for children in God's timing but now our "young'uns" consist of 3 fluffy babies: Daisy, Bella, & Tank. (Morkie, Maltese, Yorkie, respectively). And they are spoiled rotten, of course.

I decided to start a blog for several reasons:


1) I enjoy going back over time and reading my own posts. I went back a few days ago and found my old Xanga account and really enjoyed reading all of those memories (AND made me realize how bad my memory has gotten.)
2) It's a way for me to vent and express my thoughts and ideas. If I find something really amazing online, or finally finish that painting that I've been working 3 months on --bet your britches I'm going to post it here for you.
3) It's fun. 
4) I like to challenge myself to learn/try something new. I even learned a few HTML tricks and was able to make my own layout!
5) This is for my family and friends scattered all over the country. As much as we try to stay in touch, we all know how it goes. We all stay busy and there are just not enough hours in the day. Hopefully you can check in here every now and then and see what going on in our neck of the woods. Maybe even entertain a few of you along the way!  :)


It's a new year and I'm excited about what's in store! I have so many stories to share about what God has already done in our lives! :)

Blessings!

No comments :

Post a Comment