Saturday, February 26, 2011

Quick Kitchen Update

I told you that I'd update you on our kitchen progress. I know all of you have been sitting on the edge of your seats for over 2 weeks! :) These past few weeks have been hectic -- and we haven't gotten as much done as we'd hoped for. We did however get our kitchen backsplash up. {cue the cheering crowd} The tiles have been sitting in our junk room for almost 6 months and we finally drug all 3 boxes out and just started tiling. It only took about 1/2 of a day to totally complete the project.


And here's a close up of the tile. We got it for about $6/sf on eBay. It's a noce-color tumbled travertine :


All in all, the project was less than $100. Score!

Now for the...eh,...cabinets:


Okay, so it's a slowwwwwwwwwwww moving process, but I love the lighter color -- no doubt. It brightens up the whole space. They were the same color as our kitchen cabinets and everything was dark in that little room. REALLY dark. (Props to the husband for not taking a 'before' picture before he slopped on the primer!) We still have to add the brown glaze and I'm not quite sure the best way to do it. I only want glazed 'accents' in the crevices and unfortunately my hand isn't too steady on the top rung of a ladder. I'm sure I'll figure something out. 

Until then...

(I said this was gonna be a quick update!)

:)

Peace...
and happy weekend. 


No comments :

Post a Comment