Thursday, April 21, 2011

Blast from the Past:: Wedding Day


My wedding day was, hands-down, the best day of my life. It went by soooo fast! We got married a few weeks before Christmas. The month of December is such a joyous, exciting time...why not get married then!? Not to mention the spring semester was my official "Thesis Semester" and I did not want the stress of wedding planning added to that. We had a small wedding in a 100 year-old country church. It was perfect.

I was in my 5th year of architecture school and we had just finished our final exams that Wednesday. Well then a HUGE snow storm hit -- in MISSISIPPI. We got 1-2 feet of snow in the matter of a day. The power went out Thursday. The roads were iced over and it took about an hour to drive 15 miles down the road to get my nails done. My family was decorating the church in the dark. I was an emotional wreck. Thankfully, the power came back on as I was getting in the shower for my rehearsal dinner that Friday. Saturday the snow started to melt, but the Lord saved us a little bit for our wedding pictures. :) Like I said, it was perfect. I don't know too many Southern Gals that get actually get a "white" wedding. 

Here are a few pics from that day:

(We had a 7:00 pm wedding so we did opt to see each other before the wedding in order to get a few outside pics. The photographer still captured the moment of the first time we saw each other.)


(Notice the zebra rainboots!)







(I started crying as soon as they opened the door!)





(Benjie's LSU groom's cake)



(Our reception was absolutely GORGEOUS!)



And then we left all of the muddy snowy mess and went here:


Jamaica! We can't wait to go back!

4 comments :

  1. How fun! Your wedding looked beautiful! ...and THANKS for the stylish blog award :) It's on my to do list as soon as we get through this busy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding was GORGEOUS and you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't get over those boots! Zebra is my thing! LOL So adorable! Your dress is gorgeous, what a beautiful wedding!

    ReplyDelete