Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My First Blogger Award

I got my very first Blogger Award! :) 


Sweet Danielle over @ Happily Ever After awarded me last week! I hate I am just now getting around to responding! (It's been a hectic week over here!) Anywho, you should go visit her! Her and her hubby are such a GORGEOUS couple and she's such an amazing witness for the Lord. I spent an hour reading her pasts posts and her faithfulness is so encouraging. Thanks Danielle! :) 

Here's how it works: 
1. Link back and thank the person who gave it to you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 5 stylish blogs you read.
4. Contact them and tell them about their award!

So 7 things about me:
 
1. My number one is my Lord and Savior. I accepted Christ when I was 8 years old. I've had my fair share of "spiritual valleys" but I strive every day to glorify His name. 

(I'm going to try to share 6 more things about me that I haven't mentioned in my blog thus far....)

2. I was a cheerleader from 7th - 12th grade. It's my greatest memory of middle/high school.

3. I can say all the books of the Bible and I can find any scripture in less than 10 seconds. (Thanks to good ol' Bible Drills when I was younger!)

4. I worry. A LOT. Probably more than your average person.

5. I have never dyed my hair. Ever. I look forward to the summer when I get get a little natural lightening. I hate the look of grown out highlights and I am too cheap to get them done as often as they are needed. This girl maybe gets 3 haircuts a year. (Probably more like 2 on average...) 
 
6. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure when I was 21 years old. Crazy, I know!

7. I (and my husband) like to sleep COLD...Like freezing. Like meat-hanging temperatures. Since we are empty-nesters, my husband and I bought a little roll-around A/C unit to put in our bedroom so we wouldn't have to cool our whole house with the central air at night. That little thing has been ran EVERY single night since we bought it two years ago. The noise makes me sleep like a baby and even in the dead of winter, we have our ceiling fan and that little A/C going full blast. (And it's definitely paid for itself in energy savings!) We have even discussed how we could make a little 'built-in' home for our little buddy in our next house we plan to build.  Yes, it's ugly, but all that silver plastic ugliness is worth it to us! :)


So there ya go! Now I'm passing my 5 Stylish Blogger Awards to:

Brittney @ Livin' our Love Song
Dawn @ Hello Dearie
Brittany @ Forrest and Brittany
Suzie @ avoiding the laundry
Maegan @ Polka Dots and Paislies



2 comments :

  1. You are so cute girl! Thanks so much! <3 I am loving your blog! I am a worrier myself! Then I analyze everything with it! LOL I just stress myself out haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award!

    I've never dyed my hair either!

    ReplyDelete