Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WILW

 Okay, so I'll share you what I did over the weekend in tomorrow's post. Today I'm linking up with Jamie for What I'm Lovin' Wednesday!




I'm LOVIN' my new DSLR camera!
 
My husband totally surprised me. (Remember in my last post I said we are in "save mode"?!) I've been saying for over 2 years that I was going to treat myself to a new nice camera when we have kids (I couldn't justify buying one before then) but he beat me to it. He knew I wanted a Canon, but when he went to get the one I wanted, they were all out (and since Canons are made in Japan, the sales guy had no idea when they'd get anymore in.) So they had ONE Canon camera left that was a little more expensive, and of course he got it. (He's an impulse buyer.) Had it been me, I would have waited (um, until we have kids), but I'm really happy with it and I know it's going to last us many many years and take awesome pictures...


(But we did agree this is our last "toy" buy for a while!)

 

Now if I could just learn all these settings! Here's a few pics I took just playing around...





Okay...about the last picture. Poor Tank, we always pick on him. (He's our 2 pound, 2 year old male yorkie.) We have a basket FULL of toys and "babies" for the fur-babies. When we tell Daisy to "bring me a baby", she always gets the biggest stuffed animal in the basket. Her favorite is a tiger that she 'adopted' out of my old room at my parent's house. (Yes, she dug it out of a pile of stuff animals in my room and takes it with her EVERYWHERE now. Poor Tiger has been in "surgery" many times getting his stomach and tail sewn back together.) Bella usually plays with a big stuffed giraffe or a penguin...and Tank, well, he digs in the basket for 5 minutes and always pulls out the little pink unicorn. Makes Daddy proud. Benjie says he's probably colorblind and thinks it a "rhinoceros". :)

Okay, back to WILW... 

I'm LOVIN' our new everyday dishes...


Guess where I got them? Wal-Mart! For like $20 bucks. They look just like a set of Horchow dishes! I got them a few months ago and didn't see them last time I went in (looks like they replaced them with a fleur de lis set that kinda looks the same). But I love them and they make me smile. :) Better Homes and Gardens brand does have some really cute stuff! (And these are holding up REALLY well!)

I'm LOVIN' the mercy and grace the Lord has shown us this past week. 

"And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season;
there shall be showers of blessing."

Ezekiel 34:26 (KJV)  

The Lord has answered many of our prayers...all in one week. Crazy how He works, huh!? "There shall be SHOWERS of blessings."

I'm LOVIN' that every time I write this post the work week is already 3/5ths of the way over! :)

I'm LOVIN' that I finally found a little brown chair for my desk...

Okay, I'm REALLY LOVIN' that I paid $70 and it was on sale for $35 last week. I made a quick phone call and they reimbursed me $35! So, AFTER you buy something always check back every few days and see if it went on sale. Most stores will reimburse you up to 2 weeks!

Okay folks, that's this week's WILW! Hope y'all have a great second-half of the week!


2 comments :

  1. Thanks for playing along!

    You're going to LOVE your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! I have fun playing along every week! :) I already love my camera, it's just kinda hard to get used to! All I've ever had is a point & shoot.

    ReplyDelete