Thursday, October 13, 2011

Gosh, I'm getting old . . .

My birthday this year went much better than last year's. (Last year I had a D&C 5 days before my birthday and was doped up on pain meds the entire time.) Because of the whole bed rest situation, it was definitely what anyone else would call 'boring', but I tried to make the best of the situation. I slept late and my sweet husband woke me up with a chicken biscuit and caramel frappe. We enjoyed breakfast together and I opened his gift and card. (He got me a jacket that I had been wanting!) Then I called my mom and opened my present from her. She got me a new bead for my Troll bracelet. It's called 'Dichroic Ice' and its so pretty...


Then Benjie had to go back to work, so I napped and watched TV. He got home mid-afternoon and surprised me with THIS:


I mean, doesn't that look like the most delicious birthday cake ever? (Click on the picture so you can see all of that yummy goodness!) Sweetest part is, Benjie told the bakery exactly what he wanted and ordered it earlier in the week. So it just wasn't something he picked up off the shelf the day of. 


And it lasted maybe two days? Seriously the best cake I've ever had. Benj then cooked me supper and we enjoyed some Vampire Diaries and caught up on our DVR shows. The day was perfect. I can't wait to see what the big 2-6 has in store. 

No comments :

Post a Comment