Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Happy Fall!

I wish I could claim this as my own idea, but I'm sure you've seen a wreath similar to this floating around on Pinterest. For Christmas every year, I've always decorated with metallics -- golds, browns, coppers, silvers -- more on the formal, elegant side. So for fall, I wanted to do something bright and "fun". Benjie took me for a quick trip to Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago after a doctor's appointment and I was able to grab everything I needed.


The feathers looked much nicer the day I put it out, but I guess that's expected. I also picked up two fumpkins (fake pumpkins), some modge podge and scrapbook paper...


I just printed out letters (mirror image) on the back side of the scrapbook paper and modge podge'd them on. I still can't figure out what I want to do with the other pumpkin (and it may just wait until next year). Last year I spent a lot of time painting REAL pumpkins and my heart sank as my husband threw them in the back of his truck, rotten. :( 


I'm buckling down this week and finishing up LK's room. My mom is coming down to help me hang and hem her curtains... and I need to find a rug. Her bedding should be in (hopefully) by the end of next week.  I'm not letting myself get sidetracked anymore until this baby's got a room!

1 comment :