Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Week 28

I know these 'baby' posts are boring for those of you who may not personally know me, but I promised a few close friends and family that I would keep them updated on my pregnancy via "da blog". And, I know I will enjoy going back and reading these 'ol boring posts one day. :)

I had another sonogram yesterday. She's 2 lbs 5 oz, and has seemed to have caught up a little bit. Best news is.... SHE'S HEAD DOWN! I know this could change by the time I got back out to the parking lot, but I was happy she's not set on the breech position.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

*Pregnancy Highlights*

How far along: 28 weeks = 7 months = < 10 weeks to go

Total weight gain/loss: about 15 lbs.

Sleep: Insomnia has kicked in. I sleep 3-4 hours at a time, at random times in the day. I slept from about 3:00-7:00 this morning and about 3:00-7:00 this afternoon. I'm sure it'll be way past midnight before I can get back to sleep again. (Maybe that's just preparing me for motherhood??) Also, my recent blood work shows I'm now anemic -- which may be contributing to my exhaustion lately. So I have to take ANOTHER iron pill at bedtime, and it makes me sick to my stomach. (Not to mention the other symptoms of iron pills. Ugh.) Did I say how much I love being pregnant?

Maternity clothes: I haven't worn makeup or real clothes in over a month. The only places I get out and go these days are Dr. appointments, and I always wear sweats and t-shirts. I even treated myself to a new pair of VS sweats.

Movement: Yes. ALL. NIGHT. LONG.

Gender:  Sweet baby girl.

Food cravings:  Still nothing crazy... I eat a cup of Blue Bell dutch chocolate ice cream every night before bed.

What I miss: Again, I'll say -- COFFEE! I sure hope Santa brings me a Keurig for Christmas. I'm gonna break that baby in quick.

Symptoms: Tired, as usual, and starting to get a little belly! Other than that, I'm feeling great!    Wow, how much has changed in 8 weeks! I never EVER had heartburn or indigestion before getting pregnant. Now I munch on antacids like 'tater chips. Seriously, it's extremely uncomfortable. (Does that mean she will have hair??) To add to that, my back hurts, my side hurts from being kicked, and it's very hard to find a position that's comfortable -- sitting or standing. Oh and so called, "being blessed" definitely turns into "being cursed" when you are pregnant. Ugh.

(I am trying not to whine. I promise.)

Best moment this week: Seeing Lil' Bit Tuesday on ultrasound and seeing her Friday for our 3D ultrasound. Woo hoo! :)

What I'm looking forward to: Getting her out...and enjoying her FIRST CHRISTMAS!

Baby is the size of a:



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I made Lily a few more burp cloths this week and I've been working on Christmas shopping. Shopping online is SO much less stressful! I hope to have our tree up and decorated and presents wrapped BEFORE Thanksgiving. We'll see how that goes. ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment