Friday, November 18, 2011

33 Weeks . . .

Yes, it has been over a month since I posted. I didn't fall off the face of the earth... I guess I'm just hibernating like an 'ol mama bear. It's still the same 'ol, same 'ol. Non-stress tests twice a week, OB appointment once a week, and a sonogram every two weeks. Oh, and a cardiologist appointment every few weeks. 

I've kind of been saving my energy these past few months for this last month stretch. I had my hometown baby shower last weekend and it was absolutely wonderful. Lily Kate got so many adorable things. She's very loved and spoiled already! This past Wednesday Benjie and I made a quick trip down to New Orleans to get all of the things we still needed. Needless to say, she's set. The only thing really left to do is to make her more burp cloths and wash/put away her clothes. (Oh, and install her car seat and pack our hospital bags!)

I ALSO finished her room! Pictures will be posted soon. :) I hope she loves it as much as I do. 

I never got around to posting these after our 3D ultrasound @ 29 weeks, but here's what our baby girl looks like:




Seeing these just makes me more and more excited. Words cannot describe.


33 WEEKS

Maternity clothes: I think I'm going to make it without having to buy any more clothes. I was able to wear a pair of my pre-preggo jeans (with a belly band of course) and a (non-preggo) tunic top to my shower. These last 4-5 weeks, I don't plan to do much or go anywhere except my appointments, so my sweats will do just fine.

Movement: Yes, she's most active around 9:00pm to midnight. But once I fall asleep, I don't feel her until morning.

Gender:  Sweet baby girl.

Food cravings:  I'm letting myself eat a bit more junk food than I'd normally eat (ahem, Krispy Kreme), but I really eat about the same as I did pre-pregnancy. I've gained 20-25 lbs. at this point. Each weeks, I can lose/gain 3-4 pounds pretty easily. I guess it's just fluids.

What I miss: I really don't think about what I miss anymore due to the fact I'll be able to do/eat/drink whatever in less than 5 weeks. I really can't wait to be able to run again. The treadmill is going to get a lot of use in the next 6 months.

Symptoms: Heartburn doesn't show it's face quite as frequent as it used to. Right now my only complaint is backache, little sharp pains, and just being sore from carrying around an extra 20 lbs that I'm not used to.

Best moment this week: Finishing her room. It's been a long process being on bed rest.

What I'm looking forward to: Again, getting her out...and enjoying her FIRST CHRISTMAS!

Baby is the size of a:
I have another ultrasound this coming Monday. We think she will be a little over 4 lbs. (My guess is 4 lbs, 5 oz.) Doctor thinks she'll be high 6's at 38 weeks. 
Look for some nursery pics this weekend! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment