Monday, November 28, 2011

'Tis the Season

Well, I was wrong...LK was (estimated) 4 lbs 10 oz at my last ultrasound. My doctor said that due to my high blood pressure, her lungs will mature faster (same as people who smoke) and if I went into labor from this point on, she'd let me have her. If not, we will induce in t-h-r-e-e  w-e-e-k-s.... Ahhhh! I CANNOT WAIT! Come on baby girl!

Our tree is up! I'm glad it's done, but bittersweet knowing I'll have a family of 3 when I take it down. 


And this just melts my heart...


I even got presents wrapped. My wish is to be this productive in years to come. (I know that won't happen, but I really didn't have a choice this year.) I normally match my wrapping paper to my tree (yes, I'm THAT kind of person) but I wanted to do something a little more "fun". 


On anther note... Thanksgiving went very well this year. We had our parents down for lunch T-giving day, and my mom stayed a few days to help me wrap up the rest of the baby stuff. I was dying to get out of the house one night so we went and saw Breaking Dawn and grabbed some Mexican for supper. I will never ever take for granted again the small things like dinner and a movie... and the list could go on. 

Mine and Benjie's 3 year anniversary is in two weeks (Yes, we have our anniversary, LK's birthday and Christmas within 2 weeks of each other -- talk about a broke December!)  and I really want to try and do something special for him. It'll be the week before my induction, and really our last time spend an evening together as just a couple. It makes me sad and happy at the same time. I've really enjoyed this 'newlywed' chapter in our lives with him but know there's so much ahead of us. #Bittersweet.

2 comments :

  1. That little stocking is just precious! Your tree is gorgeous, & I LOVE your wrapping job!

    I can totally see how it will be bittersweet. Newlywed time is so special. But WOW, what an exciting journey y'all are about to embark on together. SO exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the tree!

    So many exciting things going on!

    ReplyDelete