Friday, January 20, 2012

Dear Lily Kate . . .

I can't believe you are one month old!

Gosh, this month has gone by so fast! You have grown so much in such a short time. You now drink almost 4 ounces every 4 hours. You just started skipping your 2am feeding last week, so now you sleep from around 11pm to 6am (give or take an hour). Mama is finally getting some sleep! (Although I still check on you about 10 times a night!) You are so alert now and you smile all the time. 

Love that grin!

Pretty eyes. :)


You are so silly.

We've got some baby fat rolls!

Your first "real" bath.

And you didn't cry (which wasn't the case for the next bath!).

Mama loves playing dress up with you. 

Sweet sleeper.

This is how you like to nap... in Mama's armpit.

I wish you'd stay this little forever!


We went for a ride, and this is how we found you when we got there! Poor baby, you are already making us laugh!

Your Daddy is now working full days at work, so it's me and you all day, babe. Your Daddy usually gives you your 6am bottle, puts you in bed with me, and we sleep another 2 hours or so. You are still taking several 2-3 hour naps during the day but we've managed to squeeze in some play time. :) I love spending the day with you! You start getting fussy every night around 9pm... so we give you a quick bath and your last bottle for the night. I rock you for a little while and you are usually asleep for the night around 11pm.

And, you have already acquired a few nicknames:
Baby Girl
Tootie
Booger
"Diva" 
(A few of your fits got you that one!)

I look back at pictures of you when you were born and I can't believe you've grown so much! I can already see your little sassy personality. We are going to have so much fun in the months to come! You are the light of our life!

I love you Baby Girl,
Mama

1 comment :

  1. She is just so beautiful. Congratulations on your miracle . i was just wondering if you could share how you dealt with your miscarriage and got throw it .

    ReplyDelete