Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Nothing new here . . .

I wish I had something interesting to blog about! It's been a pretty steady routine around our house up until Monday night when Lily came down with the sniffles (and wouldn't sleep more than 30 minutes at a time). We took her to the pediatrician yesterday and they checked for RSV and all sorts of things, but it looks like it's just a common cold. The doctor told us to keep suctioning her nose, give her a little Pedialyte and use a humidifier in the house. I also got her some baby vapor bath, which she seemed to enjoy. :)

She was a little worse last night but I think she was feeling a bit better today. She and her daddy are both passed out right now. 

Sorry, Benjie. :)

I have started easing back in to working out. I bought the Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred at Walmart last week... and let me tell you! It's a 20-minute daily workout. Only 20 minutes. Guess how long I lasted on the first day? SEVEN minutes. I am SOOOOOO out of shape. Surprisingly though at 5 weeks postpartum, my body looks almost exactly like it did before I got pregnant last April. (That's nothing to really brag about, taking into account I wasn't in shape then either... but I am thankful I passed without any stretchmarks!) Two summers ago (2010) Benjie and I were going to the gym and tanning almost every day and we were both getting really tanned and toned. I was probably in the best shape I've ever been in  -- and I cheered/tumbled all through high school. I was up to running almost 3 miles straight (I've never been a runner) and we were setting a goal to run a 5k together before the end of the year. I joke that we will look back at pics of that summer and wonder what happened to those "young, hot, skinny newlyweds." :) Then I got pregnant in August of 2010. That was really the last time either of us worked out. I miscarried in October, went through a little mild depression over it (and cared nothing about exercise), and we got pregnant again in April of 2011 with Lily. So it's been over a year and a half since I've really done any kind of exercise! I know having a child doesn't set any limits, so my goal is to get in BETTER shape than I was that summer -- before this summer. And now that I've blogged about it, I can hold myself accountable!

I haven't had a new pair of tennies since my sophomore year in college (geez, that's like 7 years!?) so I treated myself to these...

I hate spending money on myself, but I was due for a pair. I didn't realize how bad my others fit and how bad they gave me shin-splints after wearing them for a day! It always gives you a little motivation to work out when you have some new running gear. :)

On another note, a sweet reader emailed me after I posted about this darling little dress...


...that it was on sale! THANK YOU! I went to Gap that weekend and they price-matched it @ $30. I can't wait to see her in it. 

I've also worked on a few things for LK this week...



Okay, nothing special, but I'm having to cram in what I can when she's sleeping. She's just now fitting into the newborn onesies that I had, so now the monogramming/appliqueing fun can begin! :) I also got her birth announcements in this week and they are AHHH-DORABLE! I can't wait to show y'all, as well as the rest of her newborn session portraits. Hopefully I can get the rest of my thank-you's written this weekend and send them out by Monday. That's the goal anyway!

Well, Benjie is taking the night-shift tonight with our sick baby, so I better get some rest while I can! Y'all have a great weekend! 


6 comments :

  1. i was wondering what program do you use with your brother sewing machine ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Don't really know how I came across your blog, but it is so cute. I just wanted to share a little advice on sniffles. Don't know if you know already, but if you but a few drops of breast milk up the baby's nose, it seems to really help clear their passages up. Just an FYI ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog via Pinterest-love it! I just had my first baby, a girl, in November!
    Lifewiththeellwoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally catching up on some blog reading and loved seeing how your little one is growing! She is so cute :) Sorry to hear she is sick! It's so hard to see them sick because we feel so helpless.
    Something I thought was cute, our baby girl's middle name is Kate too! We went back and forth between a few different names (one of which being my middle name) but couldn't agree on anything until we found "Kate" and we both loved it. :) Oh, and I'm following you on Pinterest now...I am so addicted to that site, what did we ever do without it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I have been meaning to go get that Jillian Michaels workout program and this is the 3rd time I have heard something about it today. 20 minutes a day is totally doable, right? Sorry your sweet little one has been sick.Hopefully she is on the mend by now....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry y'all I'm trying to catch up on my comments. :)

    @Anonymous #1: I use Sew What Pro. It's wonderful!

    @Anonymous #2: Thank you for the advice, however I did not breast feed. :/ Thankfully she hasn't been sick since!

    @Life with the Ellwoods: Thanks! :) I'm now following your blog. :)

    @blessedbeyondmeasure: We loved the middle name Kate! We had a few first names in limbo, but we always agreed on Kate as a middle name. :) I am very addicted to Pinterest! If only I'd get off long enough to do the things I pin. ;)

    @Emily: 20 minutes IS TOTALLY doable, however I haven't stuck with it. Carrying my little one around seems to be a workout in itself! :)

    ReplyDelete