Wednesday, February 15, 2012

LK is 8 weeks!

I've tried almost every day this week to get on my computer and post, but it seems like every time LK is napping, I'm washing dishes, cleaning house, doing laundry, or taking a nap myself. In the evenings Benj and I are both on baby duty and catching up on our shows so it makes it difficult to get away for an hour and put my thoughts into words. As I type, American Idol is blaring and I can barely think. This is going to be a little random and short...

I think we've finally gotten on a pretty steady schedule. Benj feeds her around 5:30 every morning before he goes to work. She goes back to sleep and usually sleeps until about 10. I use this morning time to get a few things done around the house. She eats at 10 and then we play for a few hours. She might take an hour nap until her 2pm feeding. She usually takes a GOOD nap from about 3-6pm...we feed her at 6...and then we try to keep her awake until her 9pm bottle. After she eats, we rock her and she's normally asleep by 10:30 and sleeps until 5am. She is sleeping in our bedroom and she might wake up once or twice but if we pop the paci back in, she goes right back to sleep. She's now eating about 25 ounces a day, has moved up to size 1 diapers and is growing out of a few of her newborn outfits. :( Growing way too fast!

I can't believe it's already been 8 weeks since I gave birth! This little thing is getting cuter every day. :)


Everyone said at first that she looked a lot like Benjie. I took a pic of her last week that reminded me a lot of a childhood pic of me. I'll let you decide...


I finally got all of her birth announcements out, so here it is for y'all to see!


It looks a little blurry, but that's because it has a "pearl" finish to it. I am very picky when I design stuff, and I LOVE the way these turned out. Here's the back...


And I also designed matching cards for the thank-you's to include with the announcement. I was able to print these off on my home printer. 


Another note: I found this (iPhone) app that I thought I'd share... its called "Our Groceries". We always have a grocery list going on our kitchen counter. If we run out of ketchup, we immediately put it on the list -- or we will forget. With this app, we both download the app and link it by an email address. That way, if I add ketchup to the shopping list on the app, it updates it on both of our phones...and vice versa. We are always in the situation when one of us is in town and needs to run by the grocery store... but we don't have our list! This solves it all! It also has the option to add recipes with their ingredients. Anything to make life easier! :)


My mom sent this to me this afternoon. One of my dad's cows had twins! I think it's only happened a few times since my dad has had cows, and he's had them as long as I've been alive. Unfortunately, the mother passed away this week. He couldn't figure out if it was from the birth or if she just got sick. (Maybe a mix of both?) Anyway, he has to bottle-feed these adorable little things. I can't wait to see them this weekend.

I'll leave you with these pictures...

"Heh heh heh...I'll get you my prettyyyyyy" :)

She can sit in her bumbo! 

And this is her during our "playtime". She's such a happy baby! (When she's in a good mood of course. She has her "fussy" time in the evenings!)

February Photo Challenge, Week 2, coming tomorrow!

2 comments :

  1. I found your nursery from Pinterest. We just found out we are having a girl too on Saturday night at our gender reveal party!

    Lily is beautiful. :)

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Stephany at 'Ol Mother Hyder stephanyhyder.blogspot.com and I am awarding you the Liebster Blog Award. Come on over to my blog and get your award. I have mentioned you and your blog in my post and I love reading your blog! I love your talents and you deserve this! ♥ Congrats!

    ReplyDelete