Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dear Lily Kate . . .

You are now 4 months old! I still can't believe how much you've grown. I look back at pictures of when you were born and you are such a big girl now!



You just went to the Doctor this past Thursday for your 4-month shots. Needless to say you cried a lot more than your 2-month shots, but we had a bottle ready and you were fine within 5 minutes. Mama hates to see you cry! You weigh 12 pounds 5 ounces (25th percentile), your head is 39 3/4" (25th percentile), and you are 24" long (50th percentile). The doctor said you were right on track and you now get to start solids. You've been eating cereal for a few weeks now, but I'm anxious to see how you like baby food!

 Waiting for your shots!

You have been sleeping from 8:30pm to 7:30am for the past month or so but while me and your Daddy were out of town last week, you woke up for Granny at 3am every morning! Poor Granny! As soon as we got you home and back on schedule, you are now sleeping to 7am again. I guess you just missed us... or you were having a lot of fun at Granny's and didn't want to sleep!

We just started feeding you with a spoon, and I must say, it's hilarious to watch. I try not to laugh at you because you're trying so hard and such a champ. You love to put your hands in your mouth when I give you a mouthful of cereal so by the time we are finished with our cereal, you are covered from head to toe. I've taken lots of video, so maybe one day you will find this funny too. :)

You can roll over from your stomach to your back pretty well. I haven't seen you roll from your back to your stomach, yet. I know you are close though.

Too tired to play after your shots :(

You LOVE to smile. You love to talk (coo and gurgle) to us and your Daddy can always make you laugh. Anytime I'm having a bad day, your smile instantly makes it better. We have also realized you LOVE to be outside and you love to swing. Your daddy went and bought us a porch swing yesterday. Anytime you're fussy, we go outside and swing and you never say a word.








Your "colic" is getting a lot better. You aren't as fussy as you used to be and we are loving that you are starting to interact more with us. 


You also love to watch cartoons, especially in the mornings. This is great for Mama because I am able to get a few things done. You seem to like "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" the best. "Oh Toodles!"


 You have completely outgrown all newborn clothes and are now filling out your 0-3 months quite nicely. I'm sure in the next few weeks we will have to move up to 3-6 months. Mama will admit, I went a little crazy buying you clothes! I do love to dress you up though. :)

 I can't believe in just a few months you'll be crawling everywhere! You are so special to us and we can't imagine our lives before you! 

I love you Baby Girl,
Mama

1 comment :

  1. She is beautiful! and I ADORE her sweet name! Beautiful family girl!

    ReplyDelete