Sunday, April 15, 2012

I'm baaaaack!

Okay, a whole two months since I posted, and this has been my life in one little clip art image...

{click for source}

I almost gave up on blogging. Main reason, I just don't have the time. Lily now consistently sleeps from 8:00pm to 7:30am every night... but she takes VERY few naps during the day. And they are about 45 minutes if I can manage to get her to sleep. When I get that break, I'm (as always) cleaning, cooking, or catching up on house things. And evenings, after she goes to bed, are the only time that Benjie and I get to spend any time together, or heaven forbid, watch a TV show. I have been on my embroidery machine ONCE since she's been born and I haven't written a single thing in her baby book. Besides that, there's so many things I NEED to be doing right now instead of spending this time on the internet. But, I just couldn't give my blog up. 

Also, the amount of traffic from Pinterest has made my blog exceed the "monthly bandwidth" and I couldn't see my pictures any longer without upgrading my account. Another reason I made my blog private for awhile.

I want to post as much as I am able. I still plan to print all of my posts in a book for our family to keep and for LK to look back on. This blog is a journal for our family so it's really important to me to capture all of these precious moments. But, I'm not going to stress myself out or miss out on LK's life trying to post everyday. I'll go ahead and admit, I'll be lucky to get a few posts in a week right now. They are few and far between, but evenings like today when Benj is working out and the house is clean, I love to get away upstairs and get on my computer. Hopefully the 'no napping' is just a phase and I will get a little more free time during the day in the near future.

So what's happened in the past two months? I may put this in several posts.

Our biggest life change would probably be me quitting my job to be a stay-at-home mom. I never thought I would want to stay at home all day and raise my child. Or, i guess it's not really something I thought seriously about. When you're getting out of high school, bound for college, you really only think about what you want to make of yourself, career-wise. I was a very career-oriented person and had lots of goals to achieve in my architectural career. I was one of those people that said, "Oh I'll never be a stay at home mom... Who would want to stay at home all day? That would be so boring." That was until my maternity leave was up and it was time for me to put LK in daycare and go back to work. This sweet baby changed my whole world! I cried. Benjie told me he'd love for me to stay home and just be a wife and mom for a while. We prayed for several weeks and we knew this was the right decision. I had a great job and I hated to give it up, but I do have the rest of my life to work. I went through five HARD years of college and many people are probably wondering why I spent all of that time and money just to "sit at the house" (so they say). I am thankful (and a little proud) I earned my degree and I wouldn't have changed that for anything. I can always go back to work, and I plan to eventually. I also plan to use this 'time' to study up and get my architectural license. I know there are moms out there that want to stay at home but aren't able and I thank God everyday that He blessed me with this opportunity. I am also thankful for my hard-working husband that goes to work everyday and provides for our family. It's all truly a blessing.

That's our only major "life change" since I last posted. Every day has just been raising our baby girl and watching her grow. I swear she does something new every day. I will post soon about how much she's grown as well as Easter and her 3 month photo shoot I did in our backyard.

She will be 4 months next week! This past week also marks the one-year anniversary of finding out we were pregnant! Where has time gone?!

No comments :

Post a Comment