Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Ranchy-Creamy-Cheesy Stuffed Chicken

This recipe is sort of a modge-podge of several recipes that I've come up with over the past few years. It all started when I tried the stuffed chicken many years ago at Ruth's Chris. Not only do I want to share with you, but I've never actually written this recipe down... it's time to gather my thoughts! I apologize I don't have "exact" measurements on the spices. I just kind of "add until I think it looks right". :) Next time I make these I'll try to get more precise.


Ranchy-Creamy-Cheesy Stuffed Chicken


Ingredients:
  • Chicken breasts (this recipe makes 2-4)
  • 1/2 block of cream cheese, softened
  • Ranch dressing packet (dressing, not the "dips")
  • Homestyle Bread crumbs (or any kind to your liking, I've also used Panko and Italian.)
  • small bowl of flour 
  • salt, pepper, paprika to taste
  • egg (1 or 2 depending on how many breasts you make)
  • chopped parsley to taste (I used dried)
  • melted butter

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Wash and dry each chicken breast. Lay between two pieces of wax paper and pound about 1/2 thick (they will get pretty big!).
  3. Mix the cream cheese and about 2/3 of the Ranch packet in a small bowl.
  4. Coat one side of each chicken breast with the cream cheese mixture. (It's easier to spread with your fingers! And, after making these once, you will know how much of the cream cheese you like. I don't like too much, and my husband likes "extra".)
  5. Starting at one end, roll the chicken breasts and tuck in any cream cheese. Secure it closed with a few toothpicks. 
  6. Mix your breadcrumbs with the remaining 1/3 Ranch packet. I add about a tablespoon of chopped parsley. If you use Italian breadcrumbs, you could probably leave them out. 
  7. Prepare a small bowl with flour. I add a little bit of salt, pepper and paprika.
  8. Prepare a small bowl with a beaten egg (or two, depending on how many breasts you prepare.)
  9. Now, dip the chicken "bundles" in the flour mixture. Fully coat. 
  10. Then dip the bundles in the egg. Fully coat.
  11. Lastly, dip the bundles in the breadcrumb mixture. Fully coat.
  12. Place your bundles in a lightly greased baking dish. Drizzle about 1 Tbsp. of melted butter on each breast and bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes. (Or until cooked!)
  13. Enjoy! :)
Please let me know if you try these! Let me know what you think and how I could make them better!

1 comment :

  1. This looks delish! I will have to try this recipe soon :)

    ReplyDelete