Ranchy-Creamy-Cheesy Stuffed Chicken
- Chicken breasts (this recipe makes 2-4)
- 1/2 block of cream cheese, softened
- Ranch dressing packet (dressing, not the "dips")
- Homestyle Bread crumbs (or any kind to your liking, I've also used Panko and Italian.)
- small bowl of flour
- salt, pepper, paprika to taste
- egg (1 or 2 depending on how many breasts you make)
- chopped parsley to taste (I used dried)
- melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and dry each chicken breast. Lay between two pieces of wax paper and pound about 1/2 thick (they will get pretty big!).
- Mix the cream cheese and about 2/3 of the Ranch packet in a small bowl.
- Coat one side of each chicken breast with the cream cheese mixture. (It's easier to spread with your fingers! And, after making these once, you will know how much of the cream cheese you like. I don't like too much, and my husband likes "extra".)
- Starting at one end, roll the chicken breasts and tuck in any cream cheese. Secure it closed with a few toothpicks.
- Mix your breadcrumbs with the remaining 1/3 Ranch packet. I add about a tablespoon of chopped parsley. If you use Italian breadcrumbs, you could probably leave them out.
- Prepare a small bowl with flour. I add a little bit of salt, pepper and paprika.
- Prepare a small bowl with a beaten egg (or two, depending on how many breasts you prepare.)
- Now, dip the chicken "bundles" in the flour mixture. Fully coat.
- Then dip the bundles in the egg. Fully coat.
- Lastly, dip the bundles in the breadcrumb mixture. Fully coat.
- Place your bundles in a lightly greased baking dish. Drizzle about 1 Tbsp. of melted butter on each breast and bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes. (Or until cooked!)
- Enjoy! :)