Thursday, June 14, 2012

Free Father's Day Printable

Lily Kate and I made this today as part of Benjie's first Father's Day. We are getting him a gift, but I always try to do something a little sentimental.

 (Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic.)

I stuck this in a frame just to show y'all how it will look, but I'm going tomorrow to find another 5x7 frame. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to get a decent handprint of a 6-month old! We managed somehow... And even though it's not perfect, I think it's adorable. :)

If anyone would like to make one too, I uploaded the (generic) blank version to my Photobucket. I found the poem online and made the actual prints myself. I have included the blue version like mine and also a neutral khaki version. They are made to fit a 5"x7" frame, but you can resize them to your liking.


You can download and print them {here}.

I'm not sure the best way to share printables, but if this method doesn't work, please let me know.

Enjoy! 

5 comments :

  1. I'm so curious how you got your tiny to cooperate for the handprint. I've read several recommendations online to do this when they're sleeping, but I have a very light sleeper on my hands. That would never work for her. Do you have any tips on doing it while they're awake??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog from your mobile on pinterest. I am now a follower. I love following blogs of Christian women.

    Jenica, sorry for butting in, but have you tried putting her in her highchair and giving a toy for one hand?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jenica, Sorry I didn't answer you sooner! (I've been under the weather all weekend.) I tried putting her in a high chair and that didn't work too well. I sat at our dining room table, with her in my lap, and then pressed her hand in the ink. I put her hand over the paper and lightly tapped the back of her hand until she opened it. Her fingers curl up, so I held them straight with one hand and pressed her hand to the paper with the other. I did a few 'trial runs' on blank paper to get her used to the idea before doing the actual print to frame. It took a while, but we finally got it! And I got an *almost* perfect hand print on one of our 'trial runs'! Such a precious thing to have!

    @Jessica, thank you for following and I'm now following you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ashley, I came across these precious gifts for dad and was wondering if there was a way that you could possibly change the year to 2013. Also, I have to boys. Is there a way to make it saw "us, we", etc?


    ReplyDelete