Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dear Lily Kate . . .

When you were born, your big cousin Dusty was 6 months old. He looked so big compared to you and it seemed like (at the time) it'd take forever for you to reach 6 months. Well... here we are! You are 6 months old! 


(Your daddy finds every excuse to get a delicious cake from our local bakery. And yes, you STILL love Mickey and Minnie!)

The great milestone we've reached -- You went from being a little colic-y newborn to such a happy baby! You smile at everyone you see, and everyone always comments about how happy you are and how much you smile. Your daddy and I usually just look at each other with 'the look' because we still remember (vividly) those first few months. :)

 ("Cheese!")

You are now sitting very well and you are very close to crawling. You will get up on all fours and rock back and forth, but we're still learning the rest. You still love being in your jumper (when we're near you) and you are so intrigued by toys. You love to lay on the floor and just explore all the toys Mama has dumped in front of you. You still love watching Mickey Mouse (mostly when you are drinking a bottle), even though I know you aren't "supposed" to watch TV. It keeps you entertained long enough for Mama to get things done around the house.

You go to bed around 8:30-9:00pm and wake up around 7:30am every morning (unless you had a long day before, then you'll sleep to almost 9!) You are drinking about 25-30 ounces of formula a day and eating two good meals. You love fruit for breakfast, but we try to make you eat some type of veggie for supper. (You love sweet potatoes!) We just started giving you "puffs" and you LOVE them. You hold your mouth open like a little baby bird until we give you another. :) Last week you picked up a puff with two fingers and put it in your mouth all by yourself!




Your daddy started giving you sips of drink from his cup and now I think he's started something... You reach for every cup you see now! You hold your bottle very well on your own now and you've got the concept to tilt it up when you aren't getting anything out of it. We've introduced a sippy cup, but it's going to take some getting used to.

 (Eating your first bite of a powdered do-nut)

You are always "talking" (jabbering). You will lay in your crib and just talk to your 'Donkey' (Daddy nicknamed your glow-seahorse) and Mickey Mouse. I am trying SO HARD to get you to say "mama" but no luck yet. You look at my lips and move yours like you're trying so hard, but then you just smile or stick your tongue out. 

You had your last set of shots last Thursday. Yes, you cried. :( You weighed 15lbs-1oz (35th %) and 25.5" long (50th %) and 42cm head (45th %). You are wearing a size 2 diaper during the day (they're getting snug... this will be our last box of 2's!) and a size 3 at night. You are still wearing a size one shoe, even though you NEVER wear shoes. Your clothes run different according to brand, but you are mostly filling out your 6-month clothes pretty well. Mama and Daddy like to sleep in a "chilly" bedroom, so you are still wearing a footed sleeper at night. You never keep your blanket on and you like to roll around all night long. Speaking of, you finally outgrew your bassinet! Mama was changing your sheet when she noticed a big 'bow' in the board and knew it was time to put you in your crib. Since your bedroom is on the farthest opposite side of the house, we decided to move your crib to our bedroom. We all sleep much better!

 (At your check-up... before shots, obviously)

I can tell you are entering an "attachment" stage. You used to entertain yourself so well, but now you are starting to cry when we put you in your jumper and walk away. You love to be held now more than ever and I think you are the happiest when you are just sitting in our lap. You laugh more than any baby I've ever seen. Your daddy can ALWAYS make you laugh. 


(You didn't like your pool!)

(All better!)

(Your "mean face")




We are just SO BLESSED and THANKFUL to have you in our lives. You are such a sweetheart and I thank God every day that he provided us with the privilege to raise YOU.  We aren't taking a second for granted! I know these next six months are going to be a blast watching you learn new things!

I love you Baby Girl,
Mama

5 comments :

  1. I just found your blog today through Pinterest and am so glad I did! Your little girl is beautiful!! I was wondering, was that headband in her 6 month photos an etsy find? I'm due with my own little girl any day now and am obsessed with the little headbands and anything that has ruffles on it :)

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren!

    I'm not sure if you have one near you, but I actually found it at Charming Charlie's. I got it to wear with her Easter dress, but I ended up using another. I actually forgot I had it until the day I took her pictures and it ended up being my favorite accessory. They are made for adults, obviously, but I just got a needle and thread and tacked it. I couldn't find the exact one online, but I found some just as cute (that I might just have to go buy! :)

    http://charmingcharlie.com/cc/landing/standardBrowse.jsp?question=&pageNum=1&pageSize=28&trail=5012%3Acat20007%3A5014%3Acat20021%3A16016%3AHair+Wraps&_requestid=1577126

    The little hair bow is from Forever 21. I'm always looking in the hair section at every store I go to. You can just about hot glue ANYTHING onto a clippie or piece of elastic. :)

    Congrats on your soon-to-be addition! Girls are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I love Charming Charlie's, I guess I just never thought to alter adult the headbands...such a simple solution! Hope you and the family have a great 4th :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg that is the most cutest mean face that i have ever seen . and awe she looks like a baby bird eating the donuts . i love her name so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking for some ideas for making a mobile and I found your blog. I love the pictures of your beautiful baby. She is so incredibly CUTE! you are so blessed!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete