Sunday, July 1, 2012

My First Shot at Sewing

(I'm still working on LK's 6 month post... Hopefully I'll get that up this week.)

 Ever since I found out at my ultrasound that I was having a girl, I've been wanting to try my hand at making cute little dresses. I just mustered up the time (and patience) this past week to try sewing my first dress. I've embroidered/appliqued many things but the only thing I've sewed so far are very simple things like burp cloths. Even though most would still call this dress "beginner", this was my first attempt at sewing anything halfway complex.



I got the pattern from Hobby Lobby when they were having their $1 pattern sale. (If anyone wants to know the Brand / pattern #, I'll find it and post it.) It was a little wider at the bottom than I wanted so I ended up taking about an inch from each side. The fabric wasn't my first choice, but since this was a "practice" dress, I used some scrap fabric that I had on hand. It is a reversible dress, even though I just lined this one. Even though it isn't perfect, I was really proud that it even looked like a dress when I was finished! Through online tutorials and YouTube videos, I'm slowly learning. I have some REALLY cute fabric and ideas that I can't wait to try. 

I've seen these all over Pinterest, so I was also itching to try monogrammed bows. I made these as part of a first birthday gift for a friend's little girl...


I thought they turned out so cute and they were a lot easier than I anticipated. Now I'm working on some for LK (of course). I'm also going to have to figure out a new bow holder because we are slowly running out of room for headbands and bows. :)

Gosh, little girls are SO MUCH FUN!

5 comments :

  1. Love all the stuff you made , great job :) Lily Kate is so darling in everything she wears .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tanya! I have way too much fun dressing her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you use your PE 770 to monogram this dress?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you use your PE 770 to monogram this dress?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you use your PE 770 to monogram this dress?

    ReplyDelete