Friday, August 10, 2012

Project of the Day: Pacifier Clip

I think one of the coolest things about embroidery is all of the cool "in the hoop" projects you can do. (That means all you do is hoop and align your fabric and the machine does all of the "sewing" for you!)

We've made it over 7 months with one paci clip... and now that she's more attached to her paci (if there's no paci, she sucks her thumb) and we're constantly picking up her toys off the floor in restaurants, it was time to find some more clips. One problem is that most of the clips you buy from Walmart velcro on one end -- which is fine for most -- but we use the Soothie paci. I looked all around town until I realized I was just going to have to rig up something myself. I found this "in the hoop" pattern from Embroidery Garden this morning and grabbed all of my supplies today at Hobby Lobby. 

The price was more that I wanted to pay, but I know how much work that probably went into making the file and the instructions so it was definitely worth it. Plus the one paci clip that I had came from a baby boutique and was probably close to the same price.

(Sorry for the HORRIBLE lighting.)

I already had everything except for the suspender clips ($1.99 for two without coupon) and the pink rope (at the bottom, $1.99 for a large bundle). It took me about 30 minutes to make this one, but I think if I did an "assembly line" next time, I could make several in the same amount of time. I also plan to monogram her whole name (without the ribbon) on the next one too! :)

UPDATE:
Here's my second one! :)



Don't forget... only two more days to enter in the Lauren Nicole Gifts giveaway! Enter HERE!  There's a good chance the winner could be YOU! :)

1 comment :

  1. Awe so cute :) i love all your projects for LK . can't wait to find out the gender of my little one to start making stuff .

    ReplyDelete