Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Flea Market, Fair, and Texas

It seems like every time we turn around, we're packing up the car for another trip. Last Wednesday I packed and cleaned the house until Benjie got home from work and then we headed up to my parent's house. Thursday was our bi-annual flea market that we go to every year (well, twice a year). I didn't get much, but we Benjie got lots of junk food and I got LK a few things to put away for her birthday. Afterwards we stopped by the mall and then went to our FAVORITE hibachi restaurant. 

(Playing in the fountain)

("YUM YUM" She LOVES to watch them cook.)

Friday, we ended up taking the babies (LK and my nephew) to the fair and then a  trip to Bass Pro Shop. My mom took all of the pictures on this trip, and I haven't gotten them from her yet. (Will post when I do -- petting zoo pics are presh!)

(Tired, hot babies... It's not supposed to be 90 degrees at the fair!)

 (All he wants to do is ride... ANYTHING.)

 I grabbed a drink and Push-Up at the checkout and let LK have a "taste". Needless to say, Mama didn't get any ice cream this trip. We don't let her have much sugar, but I just couldn't take it away from her.

Saturday morning we got up early and headed to Texas to visit Benjie's family. Benjie's brother (and his family) drove down from Colorado and we met them, Benjie's parents, and cousins at his uncle's house. It was a very nice trip and we all really enjoyed getting to spend time together. It just makes me sad that we can't do it more often! 

(Hotel elevator pic)

(Sweet cousins!)

(She's non-stop all day long.)

(They were SO SWEET with each other!)

Monday the boys went fishing and LK didn't sleep well the night before (teething) so me and her spent the day doing a little Christmas shopping.


(Uh-oh... Santa's busted! And I promise that bow matches her shirt!)

(Being silly)


(The iPad has already paid for itself... in occupied hours.)

Yesterday we drove home and stopped by an AMAZING home decor store. I was like a kid in a candy store and spent more money than I probably should have.






We may go back before Christmas but I got enough things for a new Fall (post-Halloween) and Christmas wreath. We're been planning to re-do our tree and mantel (different style and color scheme) but we aren't sure if we're going to this year or not. We don't want to do too much or invest too much money on specific decor for this house since we're planning to build soon... and Christmas stuff ain't cheap!

After lunch, we made a potty-stop at a rest area and that's where I discovered LK's first TOOTH! She's hasn't been any more fussy than usual but her gums have been swollen for quite a while. Bless her heart... she's pretty darn cute sporting it though! 

(Taken today... Sorry for the Instagram dupes.)

And THIS is what I've been doing all afternoon. I have been monogramming birthday presents for this weekend, Christmas presents, bows, and shirts since lunch today. My embroidery machine will probably blow up in smoke if I do another thing tonight. And I'm still not done!


5 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness, it's like Christmas heaven! Must visit that store! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled across your blog via a Pin on your baby mobile and what a wonderful site! Found myself reading about your pregnancy and days since. Posts about dealing with miscarriage and now showing off your baby girl is so wonderful! This blog is a beautiful gift you will be able to share with her when she is older. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I just wanted to know where you got those adorable pants LK has on? SO cute! And her first tooth-time for Sophie the Giraffe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you @misispatrice! They are Mud Pie brand... here's the link -

    http://www.mud-pie.com/p-2766-elephant-fold-over-yoga-pant-set.aspx?EID=457&EN=Category

    And yes, she's been chewing on Sophie for the past week! I think tooth #2 is coming very soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete