1. I've already failed miserably at my New Year's resolution. What was it? To blog more. January is almost over and I haven't blogged the first thing about 2013. I even wrote a wordy, boring post about why I want to blog more (mostly being to print my blog into books, sorted by year, for my kids to read when they're grown) and never even posted it. Commendable, Ashley.
2. I think about all the things I plan to blog about while laying in bed at night and I draw a complete blank when I sit at my computer the next day.
3. Lily Kate has finally started sleeping through the night again. Hallelujah!
4. However, she threw her first real fit in Wal-mart last night. I mean a full on, toddler version, throw-yourself-on-the-floor-and-kick-and-scream-at-the-top-of-your-lungs kind of fit. All Benjie and I could do was look at each other and laugh. Maybe because we both realized this is just the start.
5. I'm also now the mom that rips open a box of cheese crackers mid-aisle to keep my kid quiet and happy... for like 5 minutes. (She really does love to shop though... In her defense, we went late last night and it was past her bedtime.)
6. "Project: Playroom" is about 50% done. If you follow me on instagram (ashleyp2) you've seen a few sneak peeks, but I'm really going to work hard and get it done in the next week or so.
7. Family vacation 2013 is booked! We're going later in the spring and I CANNOT wait. Thanks, Groupon for a deal too good to pass up.
8. I've never been more ready for warmer weather! As much as LK loves her bath time, I know we are going to have so much fun in the pool this year. I've already bought her two swimsuits. Secondly, I hate dressing for in-between weather... The kind of weather when everyone looks at you stupid if you are wearing shorts (in January), but it's too hot for a long sleeve shirt or your cute fall clothes. I know, first world problems, huh?
9. I have turned into a nocturnal human being. I'm being totally serious. I've always said if I could change one single thing about myself it would be "to be a morning person". Usually after LK goes to bed, Benjie and I eat supper and watch a few of our DVRs and then I get on the computer for a few hours while he usually ends up snoozing off for the night. More times than not, I look at my clock and it's 1:00am and I am still WIDE AWAKE. Then when I make myself go to bed, it's usually another hour or so before I fall asleep... and then it's usually around lunch time before I feel "awake" again, no matter what time I wake up. I was like this when I was pregnant and on bed-rest, but it didn't matter then because I could sleep all day. Well, now I can't and I've got to do something about this! I'm being totally serious when I ask... Is there a way to reset your biological clock? I'd love to be able to wake up earlier than LK and get things done, but honestly, I wake up when she does. I've NEVER been a morning person and I hate it. I know most of y'all are saying, "Um, just go to bed earlier..." But the thing is, I'm not the least bit sleepy anytime before midnight. I've even thought about taking a sleeping pill to make myself go to bed earlier, but I really don't want to get in the habit of doing that either.
10. Wrapping it up, life has been slow since LK's birthday party. And thank the Good Lord -- because I needed some down time. I'm starting to get winter cabin-fever... another reason I'm ready for warmer weather. Hopefully LK will be walking in the next month (she's SOOOO close y'all) so we can get out and play at the park and do fun stuff outside.
And here's my Insta-Dump, with a few extras thrown in.
Forgive me for being insta-overwhelming. I have a whole month to catch up on.
(Frye "Paige" boots, Boot socks from Etsy, Walmart Leggings, A&F undershirt, Nordstrom Chambray, LV "Eva" crossbody in Damier.)