Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Cuddle+Kind: Help End Childhood Hunger

I am so happy to share with you this awesome company, Cuddle+Kind. As as designer, I have a trained eye to  immediately notice little details -- and these little cuties do not disappoint! Their adorable (I mean adorable) 100% premium natural cotton dolls are hand-knit in Peru by skilled artisan women, which in turn provides them with a sustainable, fair-trade income. The dolls are hypoallergenic, non-toxic, and have a high stitch count for durability and safety. That's enough to make you go run and buy one, right?? 


But here's the best part: 
For every doll purchased, 10 meals are provided to children around the world! Cuddle+Kind has set a goal to provide 1,000,000 meals each year to hungry children. Can you imagine what kind of impact that is making?


You must watch this short video about the founders of Cuddle+Kind. Jennifer, Derek, and their three children are absolutely precious and you can see their passion for their company and feeding hungry children around the world. 

 

I won't lie, I've always been a little mermaid obsessed. I picked a doll out for Lola and Isla was an easy choice! She's hand-knitted with soft, brightly colored cotton yarn. She has braided orange hair with a dainty little knit crown and a bow at the end of her braid. She's perfectly filled so she is the perfect "cuddle weight". Each doll comes with it's own birthday and favorite quote -- Isla's birthday just so happens to be next week!


When we received Isla, she came neatly wrapped in the most adorable tissue paper. Again, I always notice those little details and I spent a few minutes reading all of the quotes. Their branding is superb!


Each doll comes with it's own signature wristband that reads "1 doll = 10 meals". It's a pleasant reminder of the company's mission!


The facial features are also hand-stitched into the doll, so you can give these to young children with peace of mind.


I think Lola loves her new lifelong friend! I also have my eye on Scout the Deer for Brooks.


This week, Cuddle+Kind announced that their dolls will now be offered in pint size - starting April 12th! Their "Little Collection" will offer the same Cuddle+Kind friends, but in 13" size. The best part is that the Little Collection will still provide 10 meals - the same as the full-size dolls!

 How much of an impact can your family have on childhood hunger? Go here to check out all of the Cuddle+Kind friends and become a part of the movement! I hope you love them as much as much as we do!

(Photo by Cuddle+Kind)

Check out Cuddle+Kind on:
Facebook Instagram Pinterest

I received a Cuddle + Kind doll in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment